Monday, November 21, 2011

CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!



It was a case of mistaken identity at 7th and Montana yesterday as a Friendly Local thought Genevieve was a celebrity. "Kelly, is that you?," she asked. And then, realizing her mistake, she continued, "You look just like Kelly Bishop, a very fine actress." Genevieve seemed flattered, of course, but then again, neither of us were too familiar with Kelly Bishop. "Oh," said the Friendly Local, "She was the grandmother in a TV show called the Gilmore Girls." I did a little research and, based on the photo below, I'm half-tempted to say that the Friendly Local wouldn't know a celebrity if one bit her on the behind. But, of course, I'd be wrong. The local was Valerie Harper, the talented actress who won four Emmys and a Golden Globe for her role as Rhoda on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.




1 comment:

Beth said...

Cool! I always liked Valerie Harper, and I was a faithful watcher of "Rhoda."