Monday, March 24, 2014

FARM HAND ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a bumper crop at 7th and Montana yesterday as an Anonymous Loon spent the morning quietly plucking fruits and nuts from the trees surrounding our Favorite Starbucks.  The 'Farm Hand,' a man in his early sixties, looked like a cross between Juan Valdez and Captain Kangaroo, but don't let that fool you. He was stealthier than both of them combined.  He snuck up to a tree near the 'parking lot from hell,' looked around to make sure no one was watching, then quickly snatched dozens of loquats, passing them one-by-one to a faithful assistant who stood nearby with a basket.  "There are some very interesting mushrooms growing on the Eucalyptus Trees on 7th," I said, "And I bet they'd be perfect in a Risotto!"  I don't think he'll be back ...

2 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

Wow that does look like Cap'N Kangaroo! haha. I guess he found his shrooms.

Beth said...

I'm guessing he doesn't need anymore mushrooms!