Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WATCH THIS STUFF ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Eyes were popping at 7th and Montana on Sunday as an Anonymous Newcomer tried to throw her weight around.  "Watch my stuff, will you?," she asked, placing her purse and an appointment book on an empty table.  Gen and I were focused on the crossword puzzle at a table nearby.  "I can't promise to watch your purse," Gen said politely, "We're doing the crossword puzzle.  But I'm happy to watch it if you leave it at our table."  The woman was perturbed.  "The whole point is that I want you to save this table.  Whatever!"  She left her stuff on the table and huffed away.  I took a quick picture for future reference.  For all I know, her stuff is still sitting on the table.  But now, thanks to the miracle of the Internet, we can all keep an eye on it!

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Wait, is that a thief, oh sorry, too late :o)

Beth said...

I may be a small town girl from Indiana, but even I know better than to leave my things unattended in a public place! Duh!