Tuesday, November 20, 2012

FOWL BEHAVIOR ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Thanksgiving might be around the corner, but you wouldn't know that based on the behavior of the "Gobbler," a regular at 7th and Montana who evidently doesn't know how to give thanks.  The Gobbler arrived recently at Our Favorite Starbucks at the same time as me.  Rather than rush by her to get in line first, I did what I always do in a situation like this, I held the door open and said, "After you!"  She looked at me -- or to be more precise -- looked right through me as if I was beneath her notice, then marched right by me without so much as a "Thank You."  This is a pet peeve of mine.  I could have yelled "You're Welcome," or at least given her a gentle reminder that common courtesy works both ways, but why risk a perfectly good photo opportunity?  Anyhow, I guess we can all be Thankful this holiday season that there aren't too many Turkeys like this one.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That's one of my pet peeves, too! Happily, it happens only rarely...most people appreciate it and say so. I always make sure I say 'thank you' if anyone holds the door for me!

Ken Riches said...

The last two days I have been in training with four co-workers, and when we go on breaks and/or lunch, we have been holding doors for one another; such a simple thing to do, but so appreciated!