Monday, May 21, 2007

ALOHA, CLEVELAND ... REVISITED!

Aloha from "Cleveland."  As most of you know, I usually tell people I'm going to "Cleveland" when traveling to Hawaii on business.  That way, nobody gets the wrong idea.  Anyway, I just arrived at the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua and took a quick walk around the grounds.  As these photos suggest, the property is as expansive as it is expensive, covering more than 13 acres of pristine beachfront property, pools and golf courses.  What the guidebooks don't tell you, however, is that the hotel is evidently also situated on the remains of an ancient Hawaiian burial ground.  I guess when they say it's "check-out time" around here, they really mean it!   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life must be so hard in 'Cleveland' hah!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!  we went to hawaii many times as my dad lived there the last ten years of his life. hope to go back someday. barb