Tuesday, April 8, 2008

PIKE PLACE ROAST ... A NEW BREW AT 7TH AND MONTANA

                             

Intrigue was brewing at 7th and Montana this morning as Our Favorite Starbucks rolled out the Company's much ballyhooed Pike Place Roast, an all-new blend of coffee that is hand-scooped, freshly ground and -- according to insiders -- "infused with the subtle, rich flavors of cocoa and toasted nuts."  I knew something was different from the moment I walked through the door.  Gone was the "Starbucks Promise" -- a pledge to Espresso Quality signed last month by each Barista -- and in its place was an advertisement introducing Pike Place Roast.  At first, I didn't know what to think ... but, fortunately, the Baristas were all wearing T-Shirts that described the new blend.  Trina was "Smooth;"  Amanda was "Fresh";  and Manager Gabe was "Bold."  I happened to be standing next to Gabe when I took my first sip, and I couldn't resist telling him what I thought.  "It's great," I said, "But you know what would make it even better?  Some cream!"  They had run out of half-and-half ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we got our 1st starbucks down here--don't think it is open yet--and don't know if we can afford it when it does. McDonalds coffee is very good!!

Anonymous said...

I think I will stick to my International Vanilla Cafe blend, LOL.  

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get over there to try the new roast but it was not on my way to the chiropractors so I didn't!  
Traci

Anonymous said...

I like when they experiment on "new" stuff, but dang, if the tried and true, plain cup o' joe isn't the very best!!  With 1/2 and 1/2 of course!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Will they throw the coffee orders at each other like the Pike Place market guys do with the fish? That'll be fun. --Cin

Anonymous said...

OMG... lol  I can't live without half and half!!!!  NoooooooooO!!!!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

You guys are all so cheery about the new flavor :)  I didn't like it...from yesterday's 1st cup of brown water, to my 2nd try at 6 p.m., when it became "coffee shop" coffee and I threw it away.

Did you know there is supposed to be a THIRD flavor brewing at all times?  I found this out when I called Starbucks customer service to gripe about the Pikes Ass coffee.  Yep--there is always supposed to be a pot of Sumatra, Gold Coast, Verona, Yukon and/or one of two others--I forget the names--brewing at all times, in case decaf or Pikes Place isn't to your liking.

Kovar and I were in agreement about tossing the new stuff out...he did the same with his.  Starbucks has never been known for its GREAT coffee, but it is known for reliability and drinkability...and nice people.   So we have to ask Gabe to brew that third option!

Anonymous said...

why is it named after a fish? BECKIE X

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, I'll have to try it out. I wonder how it would taste iced...(Hugs) Indigo