Saturday, April 5, 2008

A STING OPERATION ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

     

The Notorious Newspaper Nogoodnik -- known for quietly sneaking into Our Favorite Starbucks and stealing newspapers when he thinks no one is looking -- was up to his usual tricks this morning at 7th and Montana.  This time, however, the crowd was ready.  "Look," cried Richard, "There he is ... Get your camera!"  "I'm on it!," I replied, as I followed the Nogoodnik into Starbucks.  First, he went after the "low-hanging fruit," grabbing a discarded copy of The Los Angeles Times that was left at an unoccupied table.  Then, he went for the "Big Score," stealing a copy of The New York Times from the Starbucks Sales Display.  Like any hardened criminal, he somehow knew that he was being followed.  He glanced around suspiciously before slipping the newspapers into his jacket and heading out the door, no doubt to the cafe down the street where he's known to buy his coffee and read "his" newspapers.  Mark my words, one of these days he'll get what's coming to him ... and I just hope The Los Angeles Times is around to cover it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There certainly are some odd people in this world and especially at 7th and montana, LOL.  Lately, I've been catching myself being more oberservant in my own environment and had to ask (not out loud) "there are certainly some strange people in our area...were they always here?"  Makes one go "hmmmmm".

Anonymous said...

You know what I would do... I would take your pics, have them blown up on a big poster board, and make a Wanted Poster, 'Wanted for Stealing Starbucks Newspapers' and put it in the window of the Starbucks.  It will hopefully embarrass him from doing it anymore!!!!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I am hearing the Mission Impossible music playing somewhere!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Once he put the paper under his armpit let him keep it, if he cant afford a paper i doubt he'd have a bar of soap, unless he stole that too!Beckie x

Anonymous said...

Maybe just a photo of the guy with the price of the newspaper written on it...lay it on top of the for sale papers. What a jerk! --Cin

Anonymous said...

The nerve...then to go elsewhere to buy his coffee...my gawd, the NERVE!!
xoxo ~Myra