Wednesday, December 14, 2005

THINGS YOU'LL NEVER SEE ON 7TH AND MONTANA ...

This photo of my lunch tops today's list of things you'll never see at 7th and Montana.  Even my Japanese colleagues seemed at a loss to identify the contents of this mysterious but colorful Bento box.  I've long since learned that a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is best in such matters.  Stay tuned:  Tomorrow I'll try to snag a photo of Tsukuba's favorite breakfast buffet.  It includes fermented soy beans, pureed bits of fish and a pungent fish mousse encased in bright pink gelatin.  Quick, somebody FedEx me a Cranberry Bliss Bar!   On a more festive note, check out these photos (2 and 3) of Christmas in Tsukuba.  Where else will you find an entire courtyard filled with Christmas Trees festooned with ornaments ranging from waving cats to astronauts to fish? 

No comments: