Sunday, September 4, 2011

A TALE OF TWO STARBUCKS ... IN BERLIN!



It was the best of times, it was the Wurst of times at the Potsdamerplatz this morning as not one but two starbucks were closed during peak morning coffee hours. I made the scene at the first location (above, right) at 7:30, only to learn that it didn't open until 9:00. The next one I tried (above, center) was also closed. I tell you, if the crew at 7th and Montana tried opening that late, there'd be a stampede. Rigolatte would hit such a high note the glass doors would implode and the rest of us would rush in with pitch forks. But this is Berlin and there was only one thing left to do: I rushed off to the American Embassy and it was there, nestled behind the Brandenburg Gate, that I finally a Starbucks that was open. I guess sometimes you just have to go the extra mile ...!