Saturday, February 11, 2012

BEWITCHED ... AT RAY & STARK'S



It was Double, Double Toil and Trouble yesterday at Ray & Stark's restaurant as a couple of women in their early 60's made the scene, ordered some pizza and then -- to my surprise -- started casting spells. There I was, having lunch with some colleagues, when one of the women pulled what looked like a ceremonial pendant from around her neck, dangled it carefully over the table for about 10 minutes, then started chanting in what sounded like Romanian. "Good God," I said, "What do you think she's doing?" "I'm not sure," answered one of my colleagues, "But I think it's a Wiccan ritual used to determine the sex of a baby." There was a pregnant pause as I looked from one woman to the other. "Don't you think it's a bit ... err ... late for that?," I asked. The women, meanwhile, cackled loudly as if on cue. Who knows, maybe they ordered some Eye of Newt to go ...?

2 comments:

Paula said...

Don't knock it maybe its a new way to tell if you're going to be a grandpa or a grandma.

Rose said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! I would have ran out the door! LOL