Thursday, July 5, 2007

FINDING RELIGION AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

                      

The crowd at 7th and Montana found religion yesterday in the form of a roving "Mitzva Mobile" which rolled-up to Our Favorite Starbucks just in time to share some Old Testament thinking with neighborhood sinners.  Indeed, spectators were agog as a Rabbinical Scholar emerged from a minivan, set-up a card table and began distributing Judaic Literature to passersby.  In the Hebrew tradition, a Mitzva refers to "any act of human kindness, such as the burial of the body of an unknown person ..."  Personally, while I find it hard to swallow a Torah reading with my cappuccino, I think we're lucky to have a Roving Rabbi in our midst.  Wouldn't it be the ultimate "Mitzva" if he were to remove the last of the Protective Pylons from Our Favorite Parking Lot?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to take my coffee TO GO today. Black...no religion. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Well, ya stumped me on this one......... I think I need to get out to 7th and Montana, to experience this myself!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

That would be working a miracle...indeed!!
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

At least they aren't knocking on your door.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I dbe highly suspicios if one of those rolled into our town centre!Beckiexx