Thursday, June 2, 2011

BUMPER CARS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!



Not all things go bump in the night. Some do it in broad daylight. And if you don't believe me, just ask the Friendly Regular who inadvertently hit Neighbor Kerry's brand new car this morning in the Parking Lot from Hell. It was just a minor fender bender, and Kerry wasn't in the car when it happened. She was sitting with me in front of Our Favorite Starbucks. Some people would have fled the scene, but the Friendly Regular was nice enough to find Kerry, give her his business card and promise to pay all damages. Good for him, I say. If you want to know his identity, my lips are sealed. But here's a hint: It's the same guy who on September 27 said he couldn't understand why a "bevvy of beauties" helps me with the crossword puzzle on Sundays but seems to leave him alone. In retrospect, maybe they're afraid he'll bend their fenders ...?

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm glad he didn't run like they so often do.