Sunday, June 5, 2011

A PERFECT LIKENESS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!



Tension filled the air at 7th and Montana this morning as the 21st Century's answer to a Valley Girl made the scene, complete with a nasal, gag-me-with-a-spoon accent and a one-word vocabulary. She used the word "like" so often that some of us started a running count. "Like ... um ... I sort of called him to see if he ... um, like ... sort of likes me and I ... um ... ya know ... like sort of liked his answer ..." she droned. "Great," said her friend. "No, grating," I thought. The conversation went on for like an eternity. When she finally left, I couldn't resist saying loudly, "She's not very likeable, is she ...?"

6 comments:

Paula said...

You just gave me a good laugh while I'm doing laundry at two in the morning. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

"Likeable"...Hee hee :)
-Cin

Anonymous said...

She'll never be a tactical intelligence officer, but maybe clueless has worked for her in the past. ~Mary

emikk said...

I liken it to other verbal annoyances that other like minded people use!

JAMEZ said...

I bet this is an accurate if not verbatim transcription, too- seeing as how I know the area quite well!! LOL

Ken Riches said...

It makes you want to reach into their mouth and pull out their words.