Thursday, September 6, 2007

CEDIA, AHOY ...!

                             

It was an exciting day here in Denver at the CEDIA EXPO, a convention bringing together high-end technology installers (the professionals who install expensive audio-video networks in people's homes) with technology companies and movie studios.  It's a big playground for anyone who likes fancy gizmos ranging from 100-inch flat screen televisions to remote controls that connect practically every electrical appliance in your home.  While I'm here for a board meeting of DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group and for some other events, the real highlight of my trip so far was last night when an A-list movie director asked me and some colleagues at other companies if we could scrape together $4.2 Billion to upgrade movie theaters throughout the U.S.  If anyone has some spare change, I'm accepting donations ...! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I donated to my Keep The Change fund!  Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha hey ya know that is funny and the funny part of it Marty is I would love just the amount he had in his wallet hehehehe. Then again he probably had less then me as his is probably all plastic hehehe oh well sorry but no donations from this end I have to pay for kids school lunches this month :( ...smiles...
                                                                                           Lovins...
                                                                                           TrayCee
p.s.
How's that stinch in Denver? If ya can get on over to a little Italian joint called Danno's cookin' off 44th and Wadsworth, they have the very best and I mean the very best canoli's in the world! Although it is my ex in laws but still can't deny the gooooooooood food they have. His homemade green chillie is to die for!!

Anonymous said...

Oh if there is one thing I'd spend billions on (if I had some) would be high-end geek toys. And fancy movie theaters. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Well, I would rather my money be spent on movie theater upgrades than what our current Pres is spending it on. Actually, I just sent money to these guys:
http://www.squadron13.com/deployed/
--Cin

Anonymous said...

I would rather the money go in MY bank account! Now hand me my remote control, I want my robot to get me a half cafff late and a merrick muffin from Starbucks and 7th and Montana!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

hey why not put up a small movie screen in starbucks, am i on to something here, dont take all the credit if this little idea makes you rich, remember me..... Beckie x

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could put up a jar for spare change...like tips...dunno, somewhere!!  You'd think the movie theaters would have excess revenue considering the ticket prices AND concession prices!!  Highway robbery :)
xoxo ~Myra