Sunday, September 23, 2007

AN OAF AND HIS LOAF AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

Heads were turning at 7th and Montana this morning as an Anonymous Oaf placed an unusual pastry order.  "I'd like a slice of Lemon Loaf," he said, "And can you make it Extra Dry?"  After a brief, pregnant pause, the woman behind the counter replied, "Our Lemon Loaf is freshly baked and, unfortunately, it's moist.  It doesn't come any other way."  "Well," said the customer, unperturbed, "Perhaps you can take a hair dryer to it!"  In the end, he settled for a slice of Semi-Dry Pumpkin Loaf.  "What can I say," he explained, "I like my pastry Extra Flakey."  I guess it's true what they say:  You are What You Eat ...!   

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...lol...lol...some of the comments you make about these "characters" are so funny!!...and why would someone ask for an extra dry piece of anything...unless it was a martini!!...shaken, not stirred, of course!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

How about a nice bowl of sawdust, Flakey Guy? --Cin

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha nice!!! I love your witty self!!! Where are these coo coo birds coming from? I have had a few filter in the station as of late...Could it be from Global warming??? Have we recently had a full moon? Or maybe we are about to embark on a full moon and they are just now surfacing??? Seriously, a blow dryer to his bread??? OMG LMBO!!!...smiles...
                                                                                            Lovins...
                                                                                            TrayCee

Anonymous said...

When he said "perhaps you can take a blow dryer to it", I would of quipped right back, "No, but with all the hot air coming from your direction, I am sure if you blow real hard on it for a while, it will be just the way you like it."  I don't think I'd last long as a server.  My utmost respect to the young lady for her restraint....lol.

Anonymous said...

He would have loved a carmel roll I had this morning! The bottom part was soooo dry that it flaked off and I inhaled it and thought I was going to die! I showed the waitress how I could press with my fork and make bread crumbs out of it!! She said ,"it is only a couple days old!" Hmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

LOL... flaky loaf!!!  Blow dry it... dang... people are so strange!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I would of scrape a bit of foot cheese on it too the ungrateful git. beckie x

Anonymous said...

Starbucks has great TurboChef ovens(says the stock owner ;-}), so Oaf can have his loaf toasted.  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

If he left out in the sun whilst he drank his coffee it would soon dry up.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard