Monday, February 4, 2008

SPILLING OUR GUTS AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

It was a comedy of errors this morning at 7th and Montana as an Attractive Regular made an Awkward Confession.  The fun began when I tried to pry some Juicy Gossip out of Barista Robb.  "Hey Robb," I said, cheerfully, "What's new?"  "Hmmmm," he replied, "Let me think.  What's New ...?"  At that point, the woman standing behind me in line inexplicably gave us an answer.  "Don't ask," she said.  "I'm so busy ... I basically won't have a life for the next four months!"  She went on to explain, in confidence, exactly what will be keeping her so busy.  While I'm sure the whole thing was a simple misunderstanding -- she must have thought we were asking her "what's new" -- I couldn't help wondering what possessed her to chime-in.  I guess there's just something about Our Favorite Starbucks that makes people spill their guts ...! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you didn't let her know you weren't talking to her!  I guess she just needed to vent!
Traci

Anonymous said...

So spill the goss then...... We wanna know whats going on with her!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

No...It's you...Face it Marty, There's just something about you, you sweet little dickens you...............no really!...  : - }  Kit

Anonymous said...

I think you should of asked her out.  She obviously was not busy enough!  

Anonymous said...

Psssst, guess what else they heard at Starbucks today?  What you haven't seen them looking at you over their latte's?  Whispering about you in the corners?  Well, I guess I should let you in on the big secret.  You have be awarded the nice matters award.  Better come claim it quick though, I've noticed some shoplifters eyeing it all morning.  ;)
Jamie

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm suddenly hearing the theme song from "Cheers" here...must be the friendly faces and atmosphere!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...lol...I've been readibg too much of Jimmy!...I thought nearly the same thing...I immediately saw a Cheers scene in my head.  Too funny. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

Whatever it was, she was dying to tell someone...you just happened to be at the right place at the right time.  I hope her endeavors are...legal (or for a juicier story...not!)
xoxo ~Myra