Saturday, October 30, 2010

DOING TIME ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA?


It's a well known secret that many of the employees at the Friendly Neighborhood Supermarket on Montana are ex-convicts, and for the most part, everyone is fine with that. Sure, there's the occasional bag boy who looks at you with dagger eyes and no one who values their life goes anywhere near the butcher counter, but other than that, it's all good. That's why it wasn't too surprising to find one of the employees stalking the frozen foods aisle this evening wearing an Orange Jumpsuit. "Can I help you?," he asked. I took a slight step backwards and said "No thanks." He laughed and said "Happy Halloween" but I, for one, had my doubts. It's always difficult this time of year telling the difference between who's wearing a costume at 7th and Montana and who isn't ...!

3 comments:

Webster said...

Well, it's the one time of the year he can get away with it, in any case.

Rose said...

Oh my......that would have scared the hell out of me! LOL

Ken Riches said...

Love it when adults really get into the spirit of the holiday.