Saturday, August 11, 2007

LET THERE BE LIGHT AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

I have an assignment this weekend:  To get the Powers-that-Be at Starbucks to change the bulb in one of the light fixtures hanging over the pastry counter, the one closest to the door, directly over the Triple Berry Cobbler Muffins.  First, let me shed some light on the situation:  Nearly three weeks ago, a reader from the U.K. -- Gaz -- noticed in one of my photos that the light was out.  "You need to tell 'em there's a bulb out in the left hand lamp," he said.  I laughed it off at the time, marveling at how observant and insightful people can be.  Truth be told, I didn't even notice that the bulb was out and I must walk right by it nearly every day.  This week, however, Gaz reminded me about the bulb.  "It's been bugging the hell out of me," he said.  "Make sure it's replaced with a low energy one, too!"  Sure enough, I checked it out yesterday and the light is still out.  I wonder what Starbucks management would say if they knew that their little problem -- a failure to change a single light bulb in a single store -- has gone global, that there are people all over the world waiting for them to take action.  I'm on my way to the airport now, but am going to stop at Starbucks first and will bring a light bulb with me!           

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its free coffees and Merrick Muffins all round if they change the bloody light bulb!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

There might be a good reason for no light over the muffins...hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Um, a low energy light bulb, right??  You don't want to start an international crisis by installing a kilowatt sucking unit!!  Hey, it might make the muffins appear yummier!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Global huh!...wow, puts a new depth to my comprehention. Good luck on your travels, and take care.....kit

Anonymous said...

mufftastic Beckie x