Tuesday, November 27, 2007

THE CASE OF THE MISSING SANDWICHES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

                             

The crowd rejoiced at 7th and Montana this morning on news that Our Favorite Starbucks is once again offering a wide selection of sandwiches, salads, yogurt and fruit after yesterday's mysterious "food hiatus."  Indeed, for a brief period, it appeared that the cupboard was bare with the exception of a sign advising any customers interested in food to "ask (their) Barista for assistance."  The incident left me imagining the following exchange:

Unfortunate Customer:  Excuse me, may I ask for some assistance with a sandwich?

Barista Extraordinaire:  What do you need ... some help chewing?!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, so they didn't really want you to ask for help eh?  Our Starbuks does not serve sandwiches, must be a west coast thing.

Anonymous said...

LOL.... I am glad they are back!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen sandwiches at a Starbucks. Fruit and yogurt, yes. Oh, and I had some pumpkin bread in Nevada. --Cin

Anonymous said...

We've been chewing with the huge range of sandwiches in the UK Starbucks for years, as they have to compete with Pret......... Now that's what I call a sandwich.
Gaz
Check it out.................. http://www.pret.com/

Anonymous said...

Starbucks should stick to what they do best...coffee!!  I've tried the items in their food case, and, I'm sorry to say, they're not very tasty...kinda bland.  'Course, I may have stopped in on a bad day :)  Now, let's talk about Fritters...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Do you know I have never actually been in a starbucks!!My task is to use one, this weekend! and photos to prove it! Beckie x