Thursday, October 1, 2009

A BOY AND HIS SKULL ...!


I always knew my nephew, Jackson, had a good head on his shoulders, but today it became official. Moments after I arrived in Massachusetts to visit my family, Jackson -- who just turned two -- led me to a growing collection of skulls he keeps in the dining room and proudly introduced me to his prized possession: A skull he calls "Grammy." "Look," he cried, "It's Grammy Skull!" He flipped a switch and the skull started moaning and shaking. Its namesake -- Grammy Elaine (my mother) -- evidently moaned a bit, too, when she heard that Jackson had named a skull after her. "Maybe he named it after his other Grammy," she said. "No," replied Jackson, emphatically, "It's Grammy Elaine!" Oh, well, you know what they say: Two heads are better than one ...!

5 comments:

Myra said...

What a compliment to Grammy Elaine!! Can't say I've ever had a skull named after me...my, is he 2 already?????

Dawn said...

Awww! I can't believe he is two already, Uncle Marty! My, time flies... enjoy your time with him!!!!

be well...

Lynne said...

LOL, too funny! He is so cute! So a whole dining room of them? What's for dinner!

Beth said...

Haha! I'm sure Grammy Elaine is thrilled by this!

Ken Riches said...

The zombies are plotting a revenge :o)