Wednesday, September 9, 2009

THROWING IN THE TOWEL ... GERMAN STYLE


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the "Wet Blanket," an Angry, German Tourist who stomped right up to the front desk at the Berlin Marriott yesterday -- wrapped in a towel -- and began barking orders at the receptionist. Evidently, he was upset about the lack of hot water in his room. "Now I've seen everything," I whispered to the Bellman, "Couldn't he do us all a favor and just use the phone?!?" Speaking of which, it was high time for me to throw in the towel, myself, and return to the States. I took the Red Eye to Atlanta last night for another series of industry meetings where, I suspect, there will be plenty of Hot Water to go around ...!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, one would think a phone call would have sufficed...!

Glad you're back, hope all goes well in Atlanta! Will you be attending the Atlanta ballet? ;)

garnett109 said...

That never happens here in the States.

Ken Riches said...

Safe Travels and good meetings. As for the toweler, he should be whip-snapped, just not with his towel :o)

Amy said...

You know I would have dared you to run, grab the towel, and keep on runnin'. Hee... That'll stop his complainin'!