Sunday, September 6, 2009

TURKEY SHOOT ... IN BERLIN!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Dan Rathernot, the Would-be Anchorman of Berlin. Dan made the scene this morning at the IFA trade show and asked if I could help him clear some space for a TV interview. Having spent the past few days doing TV interviews that are destined to air in such far-flung locations as India and Okinawa, I assumed at first that he was just doing some advance legwork for another camera crew. "No problem," I said, "Let me show you where we've been doing the TV interviews and I'll get an area cordoned-off for you." Moment's later, with much fanfare, he whipped out his mobile phone, held it aloft, and launched into a stand-up: "Here I am at the IFA show in Berlin," he began, "Where tomorrow's technology meets today's consumer ..." He looked ridiculous and sounded worse but, let's face it, there's no way to tell whether he has an audience of one or one million. That's when I decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I whipped out my Spycam and pointed it in his direction. And that, as the late Walter Cronkite would say, is the way it is ...!

6 comments:

garnett109 said...

Dan Rathernot? Lmao!

emikk said...

Can you get his autograph for me?

Rose said...

This was too funny!

Beth said...

Guess they've had budget cuts...definitely a low-tech operation for a high-tech conference!

Dawn said...

LOL You are too funny...

be well..

Unknown said...

Tech-no-wars! I love it!!!Talk about a case of :My dogs bigger then your dog!"...Go get um Marty!~~~~~~~~~Kit