Wednesday, December 2, 2009

FROM MEREDITH TO TIGER ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It's official: NBC-TV's Today show should be called Yesterday, if Matt Lauer's interview this morning with TV Uber-Mom Meredith Baxter Birney is any indication. Birney, perhaps best known for her role as Alex Keaton's mother on Family Ties, announced that she is Gay this morning on the Today show, but anyone with two eyes in their head at 7th and Montana could have told you that months ago. I would have mentioned it myself except for the fact that I live for other people's privacy. Speaking of which, someone needs to put a muzzle on the Tiger Woods bevvy of beauties. The latest "Tigress" to go public, Jamie Grubbs, shared the following voicemail she reportedly received from Tiger on November 24 with Us magazine: "Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voicemail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it. OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye." Perhaps if Tiger were just a bit more tech-savvy he wouldn't be in such a pickle. Even my two-year-old nephew could probably tell you that the function which displays a person's name on a smart phone usually has more to do with the address book on the recipient's phone than anything else. Tiger: If it's not too late, I suggest you go into the address book on your phone, find the entry for "Jamie Grubbs," and just change her name to something less likely to arouse your wife's suspicions. Might I suggest "Meredith Baxter Birney ...?"

4 comments:

Joann said...

LOL!! That's Funny!! Even I know how to change someone's name on my cell phone, and that's saying ALOT!! LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Me?! I HATE phones!You use a phone for business or to make an appointment. I mean when has the phone ever rang and it wasn't someone wanting something from you?...Even if it's just your time.
As for Tiger, I'm suprised something like this hasn't come up before now. He's only human. Society puts men like Tiger on a pedistal, then scornes them when they fall off. Society expects their heros to live a standard they themselves could never live up to themselves. ...As for Meredith ditto...and so what?

garnett109 said...

yep what katty said

Beth said...

Haha, good one, Marty! I swear, I thought I heard some time ago that Birney is gay. It came as no surprise to me. Kind of funny that it's still "news." Like...so what's the big deal?

Glad to hear your sister is doing well! :)