Tuesday, September 21, 2010

IN A FOG ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


If you're like most people, you probably think the fog that has been hovering over Santa Monica for the past week is a direct result of our proximity to the coast. Not so, said a Mysterious-but-Kindly Woman who sat at my table on Sunday. "We're getting our comeuppance," she said, waving her stirrer like a magic wand in my direction. "Mother Nature is angry with us." She combined various ingredients in her coffee cup and stirred it all together, vigorously. "Mark my words," she continued, "This fog will be with us until Christmas!" As she spoke, the fog thickened and she smiled, knowingly. I couldn't help wondering what kind of potion she was brewing, but she disappeared before I could ask. Who knows? Maybe she flew East for some Eye of Newt ... Gingrich, that is!

No comments: