Wednesday, October 26, 2011

HOLA, MADRID ...!




It's official, folks: The Rain in Spain Stays Mainly at My Hotel. I arrived in Madrid this morning in the midst of a light drizzle. Nothing too major, just a chilly, gray day in the capital of Spain. I haven't been to Madrid in years, so I took a nice walk from my hotel at Plaza de Santa Ana -- the fancy ME Madrid (where "It's all about you") -- to the nearest Starbucks. As usual, I had a grand old time confusing the locals by gesticulating wildly and ordering a grande half caff. Most baristas outside of the U.S. have never heard of a "half caff." A "half decaf Americano" is pretty much the same thing, but it's always more fun to let the locals figure that out for themselves. Anyhow, wish me luck tonight. I'm here for a big event at the Bull Ring. There's no bull involved, but it is an outdoor venue, so let's hope the Rain in Spain doesn't drive me Insane ...!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Good luck at the big event.

Rose said...

Good Luck!