Wednesday, December 12, 2007

AND TOTO, TOO ...!

What do you give the person who has everything this Holiday Season?  Gaz, a reader from the U.K., inspired me by raising the following question about my hotel in Kyoto:  "Do you have the toilets with warm seats that wash and wipe your bottoms, too? ... P.S.:  I kinda like them!"  I'm pleased to report that the Hotel Granvia offers the Granddaddy of all Toilets, the Toto Washlet.  It oscillates. It ventilates.  It lubricates.  It even dispenses "free odor" at the push of a button.  What's more, it can be yours for the low, low price of $1,228.50.  Is it worth it?  Personally, I think it's a crap shoot.  The last time I pressed the buttons on one of these beauties, I inadvertently flooded the men's room at the nicest restaurant in Fukuoka ...!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...it has a washer and a dryer. No more toilet paper. That's pretty cool. I wonder if it can give my cat a bath, too. --Cin

Anonymous said...

LOL... A CRAP SHOOT!!!  I almost wet my pants I laughed so hard!  (a 40 something women thing... I know - TMI)  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I usually have to go to an all day spa for all that.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

That thing is wild.  Scares me a bit!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhh, I remember the gentle squirt of water........ The warm air. Um, Oh sorry, was just getting carried away here.
I was so in awe at my first experience in a toilet at Tokyo airport,  that I nearly bought the company....... Signed Victor Kyam.

Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG...unreal!  Thats a little creepy...although to us Americans, we're obviously not very progressive, are we?!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

it looks like that thing could cause serious injury, i mean what the hell do those people eat to get such messy ring pieces, actually, dont answer that, ive seen rotten.com. Beckie x