Monday, December 3, 2007

CRUNCH TIME AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

It was "Snap, Crackle, Pop" this morning at 7th and Montana as a Jovial Motorist introduced his Snazzy BMW to the Curb from Hell the hard way, ripping loose a portion of his bumper.  Indeed, the impact could be heard clear across 7th Street.  "Don't worry," I told him, "People crunch their cars against that curb all the time ... it's nothing to feel embarrassed about."  "I know," he smiled, "It's that damned metal reinforcement on the Curb."  Oh well, at least not too many people witnessed his humiliation.  For anyone who missed it, I have some additional photos, including one taken shortly after the moment of impact ...! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Curb from Hell wasn't the only place drivers were displaying vehicular idiocy this a.m.--is there some planet in retrograde this week?  Is it ionization of the air?  Previous to this B'mer fellow, there was another B'mer that blazed through the red light on 7th, horn announcing his speeding approach.  My favorite, however, (said with tongue planted firmly in cheek), was driver Francine, in a huge SUV, who backed into my car as we were exiting the 'bucks lot this morning.  I was well away from her and stopped, as I could she was pulling out.  But did she HAVE to back up that extra 12 feet after pulling out and kiss bumpers with my car?  And did she have to then say, with no apology, "Gee, I was thinking of getting a smaller car, but I didn't even see you."  When I tactfully expressed surprise that her duel rear-view mirrors didn't help her see my vehicle, she cheerily announced that she had to get to class and left.  Neither me or my car was injured--yaaay! If you combine hubris with obtuse...you get hutuse, or obbris...or...Francine! :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer for him, though!  Could always be worse... no injuries.  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Additional photos?  Perhaps it would make a nice personalized calendar gift for him for the holidays.~Mary

Anonymous said...

id rather ahve a bowl of co- co- pops.Beckie x

Anonymous said...

Yep yep, I'd have to count myself in as one of those who have had Close Encounters of the Curb Kind. Just make sure you're not next!

Anonymous said...

You are the master of the cell phone camera! --Cin

Anonymous said...

It took me till last weekend how to work out how to download my photos from my phone. Ya make things look so simple Marty ;-)
Gaz