Thursday, November 5, 2009

A TAXING EXPERIENCE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet H&R Blockhead, the latest in a series of no count accountants to wreak havoc on my income tax returns. I went to visit the Blockhead after learning that he made a mistake while trying to correct his firm's previous mistake on my 2007 returns. "I can't help you right now," he said, "But let me make a copy of your forms and we'll set up a meeting to discuss them in a few days." He smiled, grabbed my file and disappeared into a nearby copy room, leaving me to stare at a poster promoting his Mission. In case you're wondering, it's all about Excellence, Integrity, Clients, Teamwork and Respect. Too bad Accuracy didn't make the list. Twenty minutes later, I began to worry. Afterall, how long does it take to copy a three-page letter? I went in search of the Blockhead, only to find him huddled over a photocopier, scratching his head and moving in slow motion. "I can't figure this silly thing out," he said, "It just keeps reducing everything." By this point, my patience was reduced. I grabbed my file and made a bee-line for 7th and Montana where -- not surprisingly -- I came face-to-face with the Accountant, known for spreading out his confidential paperwork all over Our Favorite Starbucks. It figures, doesn't it ...?


3 comments:

garnett109 said...

what a very taxing day!

Ken Riches said...

It can be frustrating, we still have not got our 2008 refund, guess another call and spending lots of time on hold is in order.

Myra said...

Taxes...ugh! Need I say more?