Monday, November 30, 2009

A VISIT TO MYSTIC


Something fishy was in the air yesterday at the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut, where I spent the day with my family. Despite its impressive collection of sea creatures ranging from Beluga Whales to Finding Nemo-like tropical fish, I couldn't help thinking that our visit was a bit "off season." I guess my nephew, Jackson, felt the same way. When I asked him what his favorite part of the trip was, he said, "Pushing the buttons!" And the aquarium wasn't the only thing in Mystic to lose its mystique. We decided to grab dinner at Mystic Pizza, a quaint neighborhood pizza parlour on Main Street, made famous by the 1988 movie of the same name. In the movie, three teenage girls come of age while working at Mystic Pizza. In reality, the restaurant should be rated "for mature audiences only." A woman sitting at the next booth over attracted a lot of attention when she shouted, "Stop it, honey ... This is supposed to be a family restaurant!" I guess someone was pushing her buttons, too ...!


8 comments:

Webster said...

Maybe he was reaching for his slice of heaven!

garnett109 said...

He was just showing her his pepperoni

garnett109 said...

I thought that place was just on TV?
Thanks for the info!

emikk said...

does the pizza have a fog topping?

Paula said...

I like pizza once in a while but I don't know that I could call any of it Mystic. Think Jackson has the right idea.

Anonymous said...

Well nothing that exciting happens at the local sandbags. welcome back

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like something going on with pizza lately, orgasmic for Beth and mystic for you.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]TFQod[/url] - OGnIZocKDDysV , http://pyfnknfrtw.com