Monday, May 31, 2010

BIRDS OF A FEATHER ... AT PALISADES PARK!


There are a lot of Strange Birds at 7th and Montana, but the one I ran into last night at Palisades Park deserves a place at the top of the pecking order. There I was, minding my own business, just out for a stroll, when I stumbled across a bright red Scarlet Macaw perched at the edge of the bluffs. "Rrrrack, Rrrrack ... get back!," it squawked. It rotated its head nearly 180-degrees in my direction and glared at me through beady, little eyes. "You'd better watch it, she's mean!," said a man behind me. "You don't have to tell me twice," I replied. The bird stepped onto the man's arm, waddled her way towards his head and began whispering sweet nothings in his ear. "We've bonded," he explained, "We go everywhere together. She hates everyone else. I've tried introducing her to male macaws but she'll have nothing to do with them. She only has eyes for me!" He caressed her feathers and smiled suggestively. I left before he could break into a rousing chorus of "I love you, a bushel and a peck ...!"

4 comments:

emikk said...

They both need to go down the tunnel of love there at Palisades Park.

Ken Riches said...

Birds of a feather flock together :o)

Paula said...

Yes that is two strange birds but one of them is very colorful.

Lynne said...

Now that is a bird in the hand! I'm afraid of birds up close and personal, but do admire them from a distance, lol. Long story of when I was about 9 and a bad mishap with a raging parakeet.