Sunday, May 2, 2010

THE EYES HAVE IT ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Ever get the feeling you were being watched? Such was the case with me this morning at 7th and Montana as an Anonymous Newcomer sat herself down at a table near mine and proceeded to stare at me ... through eight sets of eyes. You see, both she and her handbag were wearing identical sets of horned-rim glasses and both were pointed in my direction. "Sheesh," I said, "That woman's bag is creeping me out ... it's practically screaming for attention." And indeed it was. It featured a face and emblazoned across each leather eyeball were the words "Look at me!!!" "Oh well," I thought, "If that's what she wants, that's what she'll get." I stared directly and unflinchingly at the woman and her bag for more than five minutes. It didn't take long for her to notice. At first she smiled, then she became a bit uncomfortable. I kept staring. She began fidgeting. Finally, someone asked what I was staring at. "That woman," I said, "She has a Real Eye for fashion." Too bad there are bags under it ...!

7 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Winning friends and influencing people I "See" :o)

Bookncoffee said...

ha ha. lol

Paula said...

That would un-nerve a fellow.

Anonymous said...

Actually it's the New Spy Cam purse version. I wonder what she wrote on her blog about you, trying to stare down her purse. I believe she has out smarted you, falling for the old purse eyes.

Webster said...

Um, Marty? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps your fly was down?

Bursting My Car Bubble said...

Hi Marty -- I'm enjoying your blog and you inspired me to start one. It is: http://burstingmycarbubble.blogspot.com/
Will you meet with me one morning (you know where) and share some blogging tips? I'm just learning this.
Thanks, Carol

Bursting My Car Bubble said...

Hi Marty -- I'm enjoying your blog and you inspired me to start one. It is: http://burstingmycarbubble.blogspot.com/

Will you meet with me one morning (you know where) and share some blogging tips? I'm just learning this.
Thanks, Carol