Friday, January 21, 2011

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER ZOMBIE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was Zombies to the left, Zombies to the right this morning at 7th and Montana as the Walking Dead came out of the woodwork to sample the fine selection of pastry at Our Favorite Starbucks. To my left was the Original Zombie of Santa Monica, known for sitting in the same chair, in the same pose, for hours on end. He was wearing a bright, red skirt over a pair of jeans. To my right was a new zombie-in-training, a young lad known among insiders as Efrem Somnambulist Junior. He chug-a-lugged two grande drips, then dropped like a lead balloon on the table in front of him. And there I was, smack dab between the two of them. Oh, well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I always say ...!

3 comments:

Rose said...

What sorrowful souls!

emikk said...

They probably scuttled over from 77 somnambulist strip!

Paula said...

I think recliner chairs should be installed at your Starbucks.