Sunday, May 1, 2011

MAKING INTRODUCTIONS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA



Ladies and Gentlemen, meet "Emily," an attractive blond woman who sat at my table this morning at Our Favorite Starbucks. I'd like to say it was my animal magnetism that attracted her, but the fact is, there was only one seat left in the whole place and it was next to me. She read the newspaper and I worked on the crossword. As time when by, others joined us, including Neighbors Greg and Hunter. I guess folks started assuming that "Emily" and I were together ... and they wondered why I wasn't introducing her around. Finally, Greg asked me about her. "Oh," said Emily, laughing and pointing at me as if we knew each other, "Don't mind him ... He never introduces me to anybody!" I guess she wasn't counting the blogosphere ...

3 comments:

Paula said...

Aww I bet Emily was glad she had an excuse to sit near you.

Anonymous said...

I would say Emily handled the situation very well, while still keeping a nice protective deception
amongst your friends.

Ken Riches said...

Hmmm, any further visits by this visitor?