Saturday, May 28, 2011

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!



They say absolute power corrupts absolutely. Maybe that's why I let today's power outage at Our Favorite Starbucks go to my head. Through no fault of their own, the baristas at 7th and Montana were forced to close their doors today due to a neighborhood power outage. But that didn't stop me from grabbing my coffee at another nearby Starbucks and enjoying it at one of the sidewalk tables facing 7th Street. When folks arrived and found the doors locked, I hoisted my coffee in their direction and said things like "Sorry, folks, it looks like they're closed ... for you!" and "Oh, well, I guess Starbucks doesn't like the cut of your jib. Cheers!" Most people took it in stride, but one local, Tommy Toupee, known for his peculiar taste in hair pieces, practically wigged out. "It's their electrical system," he muttered, "That's why they tell me they're not able to get a toaster. They're never able to toast anything in there." "Really?," I replied, "They toast everything for me ... all the time. You name it, they toast it!" Something tells me if I'm not careful, one of these days I'll be toast ...!

3 comments:

Paula said...

My daughter just moved and she has a Starbucks within walking distance. I'm sooo jealous. I have to settle for McDonalds.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Marty. I'm still amazed that you can walk from one SB to another in your area. -Cin

Ken Riches said...

As long as you said it with a smile...