Wednesday, July 20, 2011

RIP "NANA TOOTS" ...



Please excuse my brief "intermission" from blogging. My grandmother passed away over the weekend and I dropped everything and flew to Boston for the funeral. My grandmother, known as "Ma" to some, "Nana" to others and "Toots" to my late grandfather, was a remarkable woman. She lived to be 93 years old and was healthy almost to the end. Until last year she even golfed several times a week. She had a great sense of humor and just reminiscing with my family over the past few days makes me admire just how strong -- and funny -- she was. Rest in peace, Nana, you've earned it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marty- My deepest Condolences to you and your family. Your Nana sounds like a one of a kind wonderful lady.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Marty. My thoughts are with you and your family.