Friday, September 5, 2008

SNORING NORA ...!

                             

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Snoring Nora, my seatmate aboard United Flight #227 from Denver to Los Angeles.  I knew Nora was trouble from the moment she sat down.  "Miss!," she called to the Flight Attendant shortly after take-off, "I'd like two Beers and an Apple Juice."  She drank the beers at supersonic speed and then reached for her purse, which appeared to be filled to the brim with Trail Mix.  "Want some?" she asked, spitting a half-chewed pecan in my direction.  "No thanks," I replied, "I just ate."  The next thing I knew, she dropped her book -- a Harlequin Romance entitled Julia:  La Noche Mas Bella -- into my lap.  Was she trying to tell me something?  I doubt it.  She was sound asleep and snoring louder than a Jet Propulsion Engine ...!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good heavens....no way could I sleep on a plane next to strangers - beer or not.  I'd be too worried I was going to drool or fart or something....LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Marty, were you supposed to be focusing on her face or her chest?............ Ya naughty boy!
Gaz

Anonymous said...

No wonder she snores loud look at those nose holes!

Anonymous said...

Two beers and an apple juice?!  A little anxious, maybe?!
Traci

Anonymous said...

lol...I hope I'm never on a flight with you...next thing you know, I'll be plastered all over someone's blog!  Ugh...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

What a delightful flight (snickers) not...hope your next seat mate is a little more pleasant. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

i think you pulled. :) beckie x