Saturday, December 6, 2008

BAGEL BEGONE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Lox was running out this morning at 7th and Montana for anyone -- like me -- who had the misfortune of standing in line behind an Attractive Young Woman known among insiders as "Betty Bagel." Betty specializes in ordering bagels at Starbucks but, rather than stepping aside to let others place their order when she's done, she insists on slowly and deliberately slicing and adding cream cheese to her bagel while everyone else waits in line behind her. "Wow," said Barista Tyler, "You really have your Bagel strategy down to a science." "Yes," Betty laughed, "I'll do anything to save a few minutes!" "Sure," I chimed-in, "As long as they're your minutes, right?" Betty chuckled nervously while Barista Tyler warned her that she was coming dangerously close to ending up on the Internet. Still, I might have excused the incident had she not proceeded to sit at the Handicapped Table. I tell you, some people think they're holier than their bagels ...!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like Betty Bagel is in her own little world, and her time is WAY more important than yours, Marty!

Beth

Ken Riches said...

She needs to watch Dr. Phil, because "it's not about yyooouu" :o)

emikk said...

I'd revise it to: "ass-holier than thou"

Unknown said...

"Holier than their bagel," I have to remember that. Someone needs to let the lady know the world doesn't envolve around her.
Laini

garnett109 said...

Wow, never knew bagels were crippling?

Lippy said...

Hmm, she's in the category with those people who count out $150 in loose change to "save time" for the cashier.

Hope her bagel was good.

Saltydawg said...

She'd be re named Betty Boo hoo by me as she was prizing that darn bagel from her right nostril so I could get to my coffee!
Gaz ;-)