Sunday, April 11, 2010

CROSSWORDS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


There were no cross words, but a bit of disappointment hung in the air this morning at 7th and Montana as the Sunday Crossword Clatch not only started, but finished today's puzzle without me. Actually, even though I arrived on the scene 30-minutes before our usual start time, Kathy and Genevieve had made plans to get an even earlier start and pretty much wrapped-up the puzzle before I got there. The incident prompted me to wonder: Do I smell? Am I a nuisance? Am I one of those annoying interrupters who blurts out answers at the drop of a hat? "We just thought you might be around, anyhow, since you're usually early," said Genevieve. So, I guess it's true what they say, the early bird gets the crossword. In the end, I did the puzzle myself... but it wasn't as much fun.

5 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I am speechless.

Paula said...

Yeah it isn't any fun if the answers are already there. You'll have to get there earlier sleepyhead.

Bookncoffee said...

I haven't worked a cross word in years. I get to hear a bunch of cross words though daily. lol
Have a good week and I will try to do the same. 0_o

emikk said...

You got there early, did they get there even earlier? Maybe they waited for you so long they just had to take action. Besides, what they think of you is none of your business...at least that's how the saying goes...What kind of deodorant do you use?

Unknown said...

Being a "Crossword","Boggel" & "Scrabble" fanatic, I can relate!....Winks & Hugs,....Kittie