Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TURNING RED ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a Red Alert at 7th and Montana this morning as I made the scene seconds before Our Favorite City Councilman, who also happens to be the founder of Product (RED), the non-profit group that's supporting the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa through charitable tie-ins with companies like Starbucks. For every purchase you make using a Starbucks pre-paid (RED) Card, five cents goes to the Global Fund. "Uh oh," I thought, "My (RED) card is empty ... I'll never live this down." "After you," I said, holding the door open. I wasn't being polite. My plan was to ensure that I was at the end of the line, thus minimizing the chance that he would notice that I wasn't using my (RED) card. It worked ... but much to my surprise, Our Favorite City Councilman didn't use his, either. "Shoot," he said, "I must have given my (RED) card away ... I'm getting old!" Given that today was his birthday, I guess he had an excuse. I, however, had none. I'll put more money on the card tomorrow ...!

3 comments:

emikk said...

Red-dy, willing and .....able?

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! This is Earth Schattering news....sounds like a "real" job for SUPERMAN, Quick.

Ken Riches said...

Good to get a reminder every now and then.