Monday, April 19, 2010

A SURPRISE VISIT ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was a surprising start to the week today as my friend Mal swooped-in from New York on business and was waiting at Starbucks when I got there this morning. Mal, you might recall, made a guest appearance in my blog last month, which of course explains how he knew where to find me. But it also presented me with a challenge: How could I possibly grab another 'Spycam' photo without him noticing? I tried to fake him out by taking obvious photos of The Dignified Walking Lady and Barista Tyler, even though neither of them did anything particularly newsworthy today. And then I introduced him to Neighbor Carole, who turned out to be the perfect foil. Carole, you see, was interested in learning how Mal landed in my blog last time. Mal was halfway through an explanation about Candid Camera dynamics -- waving his own cell phone in the air for emphasis -- when I whipped out my Spycam and snapped his photo as quickly as possible. I'm not sure whether he caught me in the act, but I was moving my camera so quickly that the image came out distorted. For the record, especially if you're from the U.S. Immigration Agency, Mal is not at all Warped in any way ...!

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Drop in visits are the best :o)