Sunday, July 11, 2010

THE WORLD CUP RUNNETH OVER ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was World Cup Fever at 7th and Montana this morning as folks rushed to grab a cup of coffee before watching the World Cup. Everyone, it seemed, had a favorite: Hanna and I were rooting for the Netherlands. Kovar and his new friend, Bailey, were rooting for Spain. Even Ms. Mukluk -- the woman known for wearing Mukluks in 90-degree heat -- was cheering for her favorite team, Spain. But it was a cup of another kind that really got the crowd going. Genevieve -- in offering some advice to expectant father, Hunter -- couldn't help reminiscing about the days she spent breast-feeding her eldest son. "Back when I was breast-feeding," she said, "We didn't have breast pumps ... I just squeezed out my own milk." You could have heard a pin drop. "You mean you milked yourself?," asked Hunter, " Did you use a bucket?" "I had contests with my friend who was also breast-feeding to see who could shoot the farthest," Genevieve explained. Spain may have won the World Cup, but, if you ask me, Genevieve was the Big Winner today. Congratulations, Gen, for being Udderly Blogworthy ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a little bit to much information, for me that Genevieve is spilling out.
There are some things that should be kept private and this is one.

Paula said...

Yuck! Sounds very unlady like. lol

garnett109 said...

i'll take a gallon to go!

Anonymous said...

I don't know this Genevieve, but she looks beautiful and sounds fun. Sure would like to get a piece of that!
-Peterman

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaa...I love that story. When my son was a baby, we also had goats. I used to try to get to my truck before they could do their babyish "maaaahhh" sound because it would make me "unload." Little devils.
-Cin

Ken Riches said...

It is interesting that things that have been going on for hundreds of years are suddenly "new" when a little technology is applied.