Tuesday, July 13, 2010

POP GOES THE PAPARAZZI ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


It was Lights, Camera, Action at 7th and Montana this morning as Actress Renee Zellweger made the scene, surrounded by a group of Paparazzi. Like a pack of rabid hounds, they chased her right up to the door, watched her run inside, then camped-out on 7th Street waiting for her to re-emerge. "What a bunch of parasites," I muttered, quietly whipping out my Spycam and pointing it in Renee's direction. I waved and smiled to get her attention. "Those photographers must drive you crazy," I said. "Well, I've learned over the years that the best thing to do is just go along with it," she replied, "Otherwise you might end up looking stupid." "Don't worry, you don't look stupid at all ... you look great," I said, meaning it. "What a sweetheart!," she said. It was then that I decided to give her some 'inside' advice, courtesy of The Notorious Neighborhood Newspaper Thief. "You know," I said, "You could easily slip out the side door ... no one would see you." But she wouldn't hear of it. She knew she had to face the music and that's exactly what she did. Moments after she left, a Friendly Newcomer approached me and said, "Hi ... I just had to introduce myself. I read your blog all the time and love it, it's really funny." I was amazed and flattered, but that didn't stop me from whipping out my Spycam. I guess we can all learn something from Renee Zellweger ...!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually been getting coffee here for almost 20 years (or ever since they opened up this location).

This is why I had to mention that you're funny. I had no clue how you were going to use that shot, but it turned out funny in the context. I was hoping to be exempt by saying hello, but nobody is exempt at 7th street.

Keep up the great work on this blog :)

Webster said...

Dear Anonymous,

Why oh why would you think you were exempt? And what's up with the hand blocking the shot? IMO you've made a joke of yourself by doing that. For shame.

Of course, I don't know how Marty felt about it. He did, after all, post the picture.

Marty said...

Hi Webster,
I didn't mind the hand-blocking maneuver at all ... no problem. Thanks, again, for the kind words, "Anon"!
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

Dear Marty:
You've been my bloging buddy for, oooooooh,? A couple of years now anyway! And you never cease to amaze me with your ability to find the humorious angle, say the kindest word & your positive outlook and encouraging support for your friends as with even the strange...Is well, what can I say? Your the cream in my coffee...Yours Truly,
Kittie L.

garnett109 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Webster said...

To Anon and Marty,
Sorry, I was just in a grumpy mood. I shouldn't comment when I'm in a grumpy mood. I apologize Anon.

It's cool, Marty.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just a bit camera shy. Webster, no worries at all. No need to apologize. I'm grumpy every few hours myself :)

Joe

Ken Riches said...

At least we have an image for Anon. I am behind in blogs from Vegecation, so no more comments on your more recent posts. Will catch up soon.