Thursday, August 12, 2010

CAFFEINE FOR KIDDIES ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!


Congress may have just passed a crucial, $10 billion education jobs bill, but Starbucks has one-upped them by unveiling its own, sure-fire stimulus plan for our nation's schools. Starting today, they're encouraging kids to "Go Back to School with VIA!," the Starbucks brand of "coffee in an instant." "Just what I need," said one teacher, "Now my classroom will be both overcrowded and overcaffeinated!" New in-store signage promotes VIA as a "refreshing" treat for the classroom. Just add cold water and, voila, it's Iced Coffee for the kiddies! An illustration (pictured above) shows a bunch of smiling, young faces nearly popping out of a school bus. That's one way to make the wheels of the bus go round and round ...!

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I would love to see a kindergarten class hyped on Via :o)

Paula said...

I would hate to be the bus driver.

NikonLady said...

I kind of agree with the teacher - sadly. However, caffiene does not make all children hyper. It can actually calm some down. That's what it's always done with me.
I've been drinking coffee and tea since I was very little. I grew up in Germany so they were breakfast staples.

I wish I could get a case of that stuff here in Germany. No Starbucks near the installation - well there is, but I don't have time to run downtown Heidelberg.

Send me some Marty - HAHAHA!

Happy blogging!

Beth said...

That sounds like a VERY VERY bad idea. Nothing can go wrong there....