Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TREE'S A CROWD ... ON MAIN STREET!


Ladies and Gentlemen, meet "Palmer," the Local Loon who has taken to walking up and down Main Street disguised as a Palm Tree. I ran into him last week near the Chaya Venice restaurant. He was leaning against a Palm Tree and standing on stilts that were designed to look like tree trunks. His face was painted brown and his hair was covered with Palm Fronds. Suddenly, without warning, he leaned over and yelled "Howdy!" I nearly had a heart attack. "What the Hell are you doing?!?," I asked. "Making a living," he replied. I would have asked him what possessed him to dress like a tree, but the answer is obvious: He's Barking Mad ...!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

slow news day, huh?

Ken Riches said...

Hard to see details in the photo, but those bush and tree guys are fun to watch as the catch new victims unawares :o)

Paula said...

This tree leafs me speechless.

Olivia said...

I've been startled by Tree Man myself....I wonder how long it takes him to get dressed in the morning!

Olivia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NikonLady said...

OMG that is just too funny. Only because it didn't happen to me, but it's funny!
OMG I may have knocked him out! I hit when I'm startled. He may not be doing this for long. A few people punching him - he'll be in the hospital! LOL!

Marty said...

Hi Nikon Lady,
You may be right ... but I can't help wondering: If he ends up in the hospital, do you think they'll give him a Tree Surgeon?
Best,
Marty