Saturday, January 19, 2008

FLAT EMMA MAKES THE SCENE ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

 

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Flat Emma, the latest newcomer in our midst at 7th and Montana.  Based on the popular Flat Stanley series of children's books about a young boy who was flattened by a falling bulletin board and lived to tell the tale, Flat Emma is the brainchild of Robin's seven-year-old cousin, Emma.  As part of a project for Ms. Walter's First and Second Grade Class at the Carl Sandburg Elementary School in Centennial, Colorado, Emma created a Flat Version of herself and mailed it to Robin with the request that she play host to Flat Emma for an extended stay in Santa Monica.  Since then, Flat Emma has led something of a charmed life, hob-nobbing in Hollywood and basking at the beach.  Today she could be found sipping a Skinny Latte -- made with low-fat milk and a single packet of Sugar-in-the-Raw -- at Our Favorite Starbucks.  I almost treated her to a Nice, Healthy Banana Bran Muffin, but thought better of it.  Better Flat than Flatulent, I always say ...!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes... my daughter's 'Flat' project went to the Indy 500 receway, and other fun places in Indy, and Michigan too!

Adorable!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

That's a fun project!  We need to do that!  I even have my own Emma!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Congratulations marty on being chosen as Guest Editor's Choice. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

A Flat Stanley was sent to me for an adventure in our little town!!! Flat Stanley, my daughter and I had that GREATEST time taking a tour around our town!  It is really a Fun project. Looks like Flat Emma is a hit also.

Enjoyed visiting your journal.
Kate~

Anonymous said...

  BOY!...You can sure tell my kids are grown and gone. I was unaware there was a "Flat" anything, childrens story... What a great way to keep the little tikes interested and involved. And I must say Marty, for keeping us all "Up-To-Date" as it were, You deserve a 21 WOOPY-CUSHION salute....Glad you're home safe too...Kit

Anonymous said...

Thank God you never treated her to an apple fritter or a Merrick muffin!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on making Guest Editor Pick! Have a great Sunday! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

How clever!  Skinny latte huh?  I'll have to try that one!  Alas, Pumpkin Spice is out of season until October :(
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

LOL! Flat Emma!  I wonder how a Flat Stupid would do?