Thursday, January 3, 2008

OPEN FOR BUSINESS AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

"Oh My God ... Quick ... Someone needs to take a picture of this!" shouted an Anonymous Newcomer at 7th and Montana this morning, "Does anybody have a camera?!?"  "Actually," I replied, "You've come to the right place.  I might be able to help.  Where's the Photo Opportunity?"  The newcomer gestured and, sure enough, right in front of us, a pair of Busy Bee Workers had spread out boxes of paperwork, loose files and envelopes all over the sidewalk in an apparent effort to turn a table at Starbucks into a Makeshift Office.  "They tell me they're in Social Security Law," said the Newcomer, "But their whole approach looks a bit Retro if you ask me."  Indeed, everyone seems to be using Starbucks as an office these days.  Next thing you know, a Physician specializing in Gastrointestinal Disorders will set up shop at the Pastry Counter -- near the Apple Fritters -- and an Enterprising  Dentist will lay claim to the Barista Bar ...!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!  Well, I guess when you are starting out... you need to go some where!  Social Security law is at least a good endeavor.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

could i set up a first aid station?  Barb

Anonymous said...

I hate that!!  Several Starbucks I've gone into recently have had makeshift offices...and they think they own the place.  I'm surprised management hasn't said anything or if they have...these people are just not listening!  I've even seen a bunch of students getting together and creating a classroom!  
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

And if the wind blows how many people will go off chasing it down the street! Beckie x

Anonymous said...

What a sense of entitlement! --Cin