Thursday, January 10, 2008

RETURN OF THE NERDS ... AT 7TH AND MONTANA!

                             

It was a Happy Homecoming at 7th and Montana as I returned from a few hectic days at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.  Moments after I arrived at Our Favorite Starbucks, Barista Rob appeared out of nowhere and slipped me my usual Grande Half Caff.  It wasn't until much later that I noticed that -- in addition to the terrific service -- he had added an amusing, little illustration to my cup.  There, staring back at me, was a nerdy-looking stick figure with the following thought-bubble floating over his head:  "Mmmm ... new Panasonic toys at CES!"  Of course, this cartoonish nerd couldn't possibly be me.  Everyone knows I work for Philips, not Panasonic ...!   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... No couldn't be you!  LOL  How sweet though!!!  Half Caff?  In the morning or afternoon????  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I think that shows you were missed!  Very nice!

Anonymous said...

im gonna start writing on customers plastic bags. see how fast i can get sacked.lol.beckie x

Anonymous said...

Guess everyone BUT Rob knows that, silly!  Very cute...not only do you get a cup of Joe...you get a chuckle as well!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Ha!  That's funny!  Good for Rob!  He must have missed you.
Traci