Tuesday, January 1, 2008

THE MUSICIAN AND THE MEANIE ... AT 5TH AND ARIZONA!

                             

Tempers were flaring at 5th and Arizona yesterday as an Unidentified Meanie tried to put the kibosh on an impromptu concert in front of the Santa Monica Post Office.  The fun began shortly after 3:00 p.m., when an Impoverished Street Musician began playing a classic song from The Sound of Music, "My Favorite Things," on his guitar.  There he was, strumming a happy tune, when suddenly -- somewhere between the "cream colored ponies" and "crisp apple strudel" -- the Meanie arrived on the scene, shouting, "Stop it, stop that racket right now!"  "Why should I stop?!?," responded the Musician, " It's a free country!"  "If you don't stop, I'll make you stop!," yelled the Meanie, who began screaming obscenities and waving his fist.  The Musician, in response, played louder and louder, faster and faster, lending the piece enough frenzied passion to scare even Rogers & Hammerstein.  Just when I thought they would start throwing "bright, copper kettles" at each other, the Meanie turned tail and rushed down 5th Street, threatening to return with the police.  Some people just don't know when to shut their Von Trapps ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been happy to have stood there and listened and clapped loud and long for that song!! Meanie is a good name for that jerk!

Anonymous said...

LOL, the way you say things slay me.  How can anyone take offense to "my favorite things?"  What a bully!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...this is funny! At least he wasn't a Blue Meanie (it's not polite to point). --Cin

Anonymous said...

Aww!  What is wrong with people huh?  I think the music would be lovely!!!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I heard a street musician playing 'The Sound of Music', too, but she was playing a musical saw... That was in the NYC subway. I took her card - her blog is http://www.SawLady.com/blog
I love the way you write - good humor.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

hey, you have something there, a starbucks musical, or dancing with starbucks or starbucks on ice! Beckie x