Monday, January 21, 2008

A FLUID OUNCE OF PREVENTION ... AT 40,000 FEET!

                             

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet "Bobby Bubonic," my seatmate today aboard United Flight #946 to Washington, D.C.  Bobby used the 4.5-hour, cross-country flight to practice his specialty:  coughing and hacking without covering his mouth.  As for me, have no fear:  I was ready for Mr. Bubonic and his ilk.  Every time he coughed in my direction, I simply smiled, reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a container of Purell Instant Germicide (guaranteed to "kill 99.99% of germs").  Perhaps it was my imagination, but by the end of the flight, Mr. Bubonic seemed to visibly recoil every time I reached for the Purell, almost as if he were Dracula and I was threatening him with a Holy Water Spritzer ...!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uggggg----we even use that after church and shaking hands with so many people.! Is a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Charming!  I'm sure he told all of his friends and family about the freak sitting next to him!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Make sure you wave my direction if you are in DC!

Anonymous said...

I guess better it be Purell than a baseball bat.

Anonymous said...

And lol at your sneaky photo!

Anonymous said...

At first, I thought he had those weird glasses on that put colours in front of your eyes to relax. Then I realised, I better put mine on jus to see ;-)
Love Jimmys comment about the baseball bat, its a better option for us Brits. We'd use s cricket bat though!......Grins
Gaz

Anonymous said...

You should have squirted him with it to see if he melted.  How rude!!  Whats with his glasses...maybe he has the plague!  My, what a traveler you are!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

you never know if the person next to you has c.j.d or m.r.s.a.Id get a face mask. Beckie x