Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"THAT GIRL" AT 7TH AND MONTANA ...!

                             

Heads were turning at 7th and Montana this morning as an Anonymous Potential Celebrity arrived on the scene, Power Walking her way down 7th Street and into Our Favorite Starbucks.  "Hey, wasn't that Marlo Thomas?," asked Kathy.  "I don't know," I replied, "I'll check."  And so I went inside, intent on finding out whether Thomas -- perhaps best known for her starring role in the 1960s sitcom That Girl -- was in our midst.  I gaped;  I gawked;  I surreptitiously pointed my camera phone in her direction ... all to no avail.  In the end, I only succeeded in arousing the suspicion of a man sitting at the counter who looked at me like I had three heads.  Was I embarrassed?  Of course not!  After all, aren't we all Free to Be… You and Me ...?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!  Oh m'gosh.  Too funny.  I've had to add you...you're a hoot...and I'm a Starbucks junky...any journal blog based outta' there is right up my alley! ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

I don't think so butter cup!

Anonymous said...

LoL !!!... Well I'll tell ya...I think we as human being are at our most humorious when we think we are "Free to be you and me". Cought in the act of being our selves, is the stuff that Comadians make a living at by showing us how much we are ALL really alike... I'm sure I would have giggled and waved too...awful huh?...Kit

Anonymous said...

Glad to see all's well with the lights bulbs!

Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi!  Thanks for popping over.  MLEH...it's more a sound...frustration...a bump up from..bleh...hehehe. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

Geez Marty, so much excitement....so little time. Until I can get back to 7th & Montana I'll just have to be there vicariously thru your most ingenious missives.
Miss you guys...
PC (from Nevada)

Anonymous said...

Ummm-that's not Marlos Nose or size,LOL

Anonymous said...

So no concensus huh?  We sang Free to be you and me in third grade.
Traci